Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Power of Positive Thinking

If you have not read The Secret I strongly encourage it. I picked this book up a couple years ago when i found myself working for a woman who had a tendency to tell me how amazing i was in one sentence, then take it back along with all of my other confidence in the next. This book along with The Art of Being a Woman got me through some terrible days and hard times. I learned so much about the two ways the world can be perceived. Either you can be optimistic and look at everything positively or you can be pessimistic and look at everything negatively. The more you think positively the more the universe is on your side and the more the universe is on your side the more good things will happen to you. Okay, I'm not a big fan of thinking in terms of the universe but i chalked it up to be the more positive i am and the more i look at situations with the glass half full the more my heavenly father would be willing to help me. Today is a perfect example of this. I have been looking forward to my midterms thinking of them as something that will only help me further my educational career and allow me to know how well i really do know my required subject matter. At two thirty p.m. i sat down to my Philosophy Midterm and smiled i knew exactly what to do for every problem and i finished with confidence in my work at three fifteen p.m. I know this is all thanks to my positive outlook on the test and the help of my Heavenly father. I am sure if i was freaked out through the entire thing i would not have had so much help from him or done as well at all. So, if you need some tips on how to think about life i strongly suggest The Secret, you will have to take it interpret into your own life for sure, but it really will help. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Secret! :) And I think I know the lady you used to work for, dont I?!?! ;) ;)

    You should look into these books as well...

    The Jackrabbit Factor--you can download it as a free ebook here http://www.jackrabbitfactor.com/ It is short and a good read.

    Also, Hidden Treasures by the same author

    The Answer by John Assaraf

    and I loooove the Sara books (there are 3)These are a MUST read for yourself and someday your children :)
    http://www.amazon.com/Sara-Book-Learns-Secret-Attraction/dp/1401911587/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

    ReplyDelete