Thursday, November 11, 2010

Class, Class, Work, Class, Work, Class, Sleep

Seriously this title sums up my life. The End.

Okay not really, a few exciting things have happened between my 18 credits (plus 3 of kadens) and my two jobs. I got really sick with migraines a few months ago that put me in a zombie state for for awhile, seriously not sure how i am passing my classes since i don't quite remember going to them but i finally am past that and have been playing catch up for the past couple of weeks. Luckily when you say im sorry i found out i had a tumor your teachers don't want to hear anymore and cut you a break. I don't have a real tumor or a cancerous one at least. Its called a pituitary tumor, its a gland that releases hormones and mine just decided to quit releasing one day back in August so it swelled instead. Its all fixed though and i sure am happy about that! So since i have finally been able to live again Kaden and i have tried to get our house together. Slowly but surely it is coming along. We actually started painting this week, Woo Hoo, it was a huge step for us. So right now our Kitchen is blue and half of our downstairs bathroom is brown. We plan on adding the wicker to the kitchen walls tomorrow night and finishing the bathroom saturday though. Kaden went hunting a lot the past few months, probably not as much as his brother Kyle, but enough to feel like he was gone every single weekend for ever. Then last weekend was Lukes farewell and he went into the MTC yesterday. It still doesn't quite seem like he is gone yet for us, but i know we are already missing him. I think everyone is going to have a hard time with Luke being gone but we are all so proud of him too. It has been great seeing Luke grow up the past little while. After the back east trip he got really excited to go out and serve. I absolutely loved seeing him glow when he would start talking about the church and how ready he was to leave.

So although my classes are crazy this semester and work has been too. I have really enjoyed most of them and i have really tried to find something positive in all of them. My education classes are always great and they make me so excited to go out and have my own classroom, i actually changed my specialization again and this time i am sticking with it. As much as i wanted to do early childhood and special ed i kind of figured Utah is the only place where i need early child hood for anything and i don't plan on living here too much longer and what i really want to help kids in is reading and writing, and i can always go back and get a special ed endorsement, but i switched to reading and language art. Next semester i start in on those classes and finish up the one general i have left. I am also taking a geology class, for who knows what reason, because i sure don't, and a Jazz class. Geology i will be happy to just pass at this point because it is just ridiculously hard but i do really like my teacher. He is super interesting and has some great stories. I also love that he knows me by name and always talks to me even though im practically failing. It give me a little more hope for the class that he cares enough to know who i am even though there are 80 other students in there. Until today i wasn't quite sure how Jazz was turning out for me. I have always been really hard on myself in dance and the only thing i ever thought i was good at in dance was being flexible and well that pretty much left me, i actually always feel like my teacher is picking on me too, she walks by and will tell me to turn out more or will pull my shoulders back and push my butt in telling me to stand up straighter, and sometimes she makes me do pirouettes until i fall on my butt so i pretty much chalked the class up to a good experience, glad i tried it while i was in college but obviously dance was not for me, also i am probably the oldest person in the class (i have just discovered i am old according to girl age at school). Then at the end of class today she called 4 or 5 girls up including our demonstrator and asked if we would want to be demonstrators for next semester. My job literally dropped open. After almost an entire semester with a class of 50 plus dancers who have been dancing continuously forever and are still little and in shape she asked me to be a demonstrator. SUU has a pretty awesome dance program and plenty of great dancers so yea, im still in shock. Now if i just make sure to go to the rest of my classes this semester  i think i will finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I will post some pictures of the house and everything as soon as i get them uploaded.

1 comment:

  1. that's exciting about your jazz class.

    and shhhh, don't tell anyone, but teachers pick on the students with the most potential : )

    ReplyDelete