Saturday, July 21, 2012

Life is Beautiful

July 9-21

Lived

- I know a lot has been going on the past couple of weeks but i have a hard time remembering exactly what happened when i sit down to write my posts. I swear i should post on here like i do on instagram. Everyday i think at least a dozen times "oh i am so writing about this" then by the time i actually write i have lost it. So here is what i do remember right now.

- My Mom came up last weekend to go cabin hunting. We took her to the little cabin we all fell in love with when my dad came up and after a quick look around she walked outside and told Sarah, "i am not going to say too much. Your dad told me not to look too excited because if i like it we want to get a really good deal." Well they both loved it, and we loved it and they put in a offer. The offer has been accepted and my parents are soon to be the proud owners of a cute cabin in Mammoth Creek. The cabin shopping is fully underway and we have big plans for lounging around and spending the holidays there.

- Kaden has been working hard on the backyard on his days off. It is looking beautiful! He has the shed finished except for a door, rocks lining our planters, plants in our planters, the porch concreted, stamped and stained and he is now getting ready to cover it. We hope to have sprinklers and grass in by the end of the summer.

cant really tell but here is out backyard while it is raining

- Leighton has been so full of life! Yelling at the top of her lungs, fighting nap times, spitting bubbles, laughing, rolling over, sitting up, and now starting to crawl. I have had Leighton on a sleep schedule for quite awhile now but after it getting messed up we started a new one this past week and we started letting her cry it out too. This has actually worked out really well for the most part. Leighton sleeps longer, and wakes up happier. She may cry going to sleep but she also falls asleep quicker. Sarah and Kaden are not doing well with it though. Both of them have attempted to go in and "save" her from my evil amazing sleep plan (Kaden succeeded once and at that point he needed his own saving, lets just say i was not too happy with him). Besides her new sleep routine we have also started some set daily routines as well. After her first nap she gets bathed and dressed and we play with her toys, then after second nap we read and she loves it. I seriously can keep her entertained with 3 books and thanks to Pierce i have a huge collection of Dr. Seuss and that's what we have been working through. I realize Leighton is only 4 months old and doesn't understand what i am reading, but this is one of the biggest things i have been taught in all of my early childhood classes that i actually believe in. Beginning reading at birth helps children in so many ways.




She loves pulling my hair!
speaking of hair... I decided i loved my hair and to start parting it in the middle (right picture) then a few days later i went and ombred it and the girl styled my bangs to the front again. I do love it now too except for looking at my before picture makes me want to cry a little. I just need to remember the majority of my hair days were not that good. 

- Kaden and I went on a date without Leighton yesterday. We went and saw the Dark Knight Rises. Even though these movies are very violent, we absolutely love them. We love most super hero movies but these ones are so well made it is just amazing to me. It was a weird feeling though sitting in the theater and imagining some crazy man coming in with a gas bomb and a gun. My heart aches for all of those people in Colorado. I just do not understand how there are people like that in this world. Obviously there are horrible people out there but of all places for something like that to happen. It is just bizarre to me. It is so sad to realize that you really are not safe anywhere. And even though i went and saw the movie and loved it, i know that the violence in the movie contributed to this mans actions. Where will the line be drawn for violence in the media? I wish that the people who make video games and movies would realize the impact that they are making on the world.

Learned

- I hate math! Okay, i have always known this, but my dislike has totally grown into a hatred. I am going to hopefully be a kindergarten teacher. When someone can show me a kindergartner who knows how to work with logarithms, parabolas, and imaginary numbers then i will do my homework without being angry at it. Until then i will be sitting on the computer 4+ hours a day finishing one assignment at a time.


- When offering to throw a shower, think it through. I am so excited to host this shower with Teisha and Jessica R. But i know the day of i will be a little stressed. I hope a ton of ladies show up though and support the beautiful mother to be Hannah Melling. She deserves a wonderful baby shower! 

Loved


- I have loved everything about the past couple of weeks, minus the homework. I feel like i have spent so much time with Kaden, that i have been experiencing more with Leighton, and enjoying Cedar. The weather has been nice, we have been going for walks and we have been hanging out with friends. (That is right, i have friends here.) I get to visit with Teisha a little bit almost everyday. I went to the car show with Courtney and her and Eric came over just to hang out the other night. It is so nice to feel like things are good and that life is beautiful. I won't say it is perfect, it never is but it is definitely beautiful right now.

Loving our walks
Loving the rain
Loving my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment