Wednesday, January 21, 2015

L & EM- Week 3



The girls and I went on a quick trip to Salt Lake this weekend to visit friends and family. We went with  my mom and sister Hannah. When we first got on the road Leighton could't quit asking if we were going on an adventure. She was so excited and for some reason figured if we were with Grandma, of course that meant we were on our way to open presents. The old Christmas tree still up in our hotel lobby only furthered her belief that there must be presents near by. Well two nights in a hotel with out presents mean she was over it pretty quickly and tried everything she could to  escape. Of course Emersyn stood right by her side and cheered her on. It is kinda of scary how close my two year old came to breaking out of the hotel room. Sometimes i really do think she is way to smart for her own good. The entire trip went really well. We all loved spending time together and the girls were so fun. Both of them were full of energy but that just meant extra smile all around. Both girls were also pretty perfect in the car. I couldn't believe it, neither of them cried, just played and slept.



These girls are so special. I love our days together. Leighton and Emersyn have been playing so well and i love watching them. What a blessing it is to stay home with them everyday. Sometimes i feel bored or question why it is so important, but it really is. Last week i asked Kaden how he felt about me staying home. Sometimes i feel like i am not doing enough and he said, "Don't you feel like staying home is the best way to raise the girls, i feel like it is the best thing you could be doing." I don't know why that surprised me but I guess the reassuring words are exactly what i needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment