Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ramblings on Hustling


I took an ecourse a few weeks ago on productivity, business and social media. The girl teaching it said something that surprised me. "You can only hustle for so long before you fail." Bam my mind was blown. Everyone talks about hustling. It makes me feel like i don't do enough when i see all the cute quotes about it and basically working your A off for what you want. The past week has been the biggest whirl wind and i think it all caught up with me in the form of a migraine last night. This morning though i realized a few things. 1. no wonder you'll fail if you hustle for too long. 2. I have the most amazing friend ever. and 3. I really really really really really need a big car, like really. My LuLaRoe inventory all arrived last night, i sorted it hung it all up and then packed it all in to my car for a party. Actually Jess did most of it. She is amazing and so helpful. I was so stressed i couldn't think straight. 3 jobs may be a little much. After my party this evening i sat down and decided i really need to set goals and organize my time accordingly. What is my priority right now? What do i want to succeed at? In what ways can i do this?

- Right now i am going to focus on first and for most my children. My family and myself. I refuse to ever feel mentally unhealthy again and i refuse to ignore my children just to make some money.

- I am going to build LuLaRoe through personal connections, through a beautiful instagram, by throwing parties and collaborating with other amazing women.

- I am going to keep my home in order, stay organized, and not stress over the small things i don't accomplish in a day.

To build my business and clientele quickly i might have to hustle for awhile but that doesn't mean i have to feel like i am drowning. I am not going to glorify busy. I am going to work my butt off but in ways that benefit my family not only financially but in all aspects. Maybe that will be the key to being successful.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you have Jess! You two work great together! I'm sorry all the stress hit you and made you so sick, ugh! I know it's so easy to do, but don't stress! You WILL build clientale and business relationships! Remember, you just started! These things take time. When I graduated hair school I was expecting a full clientale... and I was lucky to get one appointment a day, ha! But before I know it, I had a full time clientale! I did little things here and there to spread the word- like offering free services for a certain amount of referrals, mailing specials to my neighbors, etc. This was all before social media and the ease of collaborations! So don't kill yourself, girlfriend! It will totally workout! Use my blog however you need it!

    ReplyDelete