Monday, March 22, 2010

Time to Myslef

I love my husband dearly and i miss him when he is gone, but it was really nice this weekend to have a few experiences to myself. Kaden had to work Friday and Saturday up in Cedar while i stayed in Logandale so i could go to the temple while my Grandma went through for the first time. That experience was so amazing. I don't even know how to describe it. I had never felt the spirit that way before while at the temple or ever imagined i would get such clear answers from the Lord like i did. I had the opportunity while my Grandma was preparing to take out her endowments to do some temple work on my own. It was a first for me, Kaden and I always go together. That time alone though doing work for several women who were waiting for it to be done was so perfect, i felt such a sense of comfort as i relearned of blessings that have been promised to me. I am so excited to go back and serve some more. It was also great to see my Grandma go through, a few years ago i had jotted down a list of goals, mostly spiritual ones, like read my scriptures everyday, say my prayers, fast each month, be married in the temple, help reactivate some people, be an example to my sisters, seal my grandparents, and the last one was help get grandma Karla baptized. In the past year i was married in the temple, we sealed my grandparents, and grandma was baptized, and now she has gone through the temple. I am so grateful to have been a part of that and to see the changes in her life and to witness her growth and know that she will now be with us for eternity.

The rest of the weekend was just as amazing for me. The weather was beautiful, i got to sleep in, and i got to spend quite a bit of time with my sister and with Whitney. It was so great to catch up and kind of reconect and i am so excited to have her back and hang out more. We tanned for quite awhile on Friday and Saturday and now i am probably going to have cancer because of it. Seriously i am so red and i swear i can feel the freckles multiplying.

No comments:

Post a Comment