Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beach Trip

Last Saturday Kaden, Sarah, Luke, Vance, and I packed up and headed to the beach at 4 in the a.m. I drove the entire way and i was so excited the entire time. The drive to California is so easy and natural to me, i know that sounds weird but i totally feel like I'm going home every time i do it. I was grateful that Kaden never bugged me about driving, he graciously allowed me to get us to each destination even after i backed into a Lexus on Balboa Island, but I'll talk more about that later. Our first stop on the trip was Newport beach, we got there around 9 and it was still pretty over cast and a little chilly so we decided to scope out some shops and get into our swim suits in hopes of killing time and the clouds burning off, it took a little longer than we wanted it to though and we ended up on Balboa Island shopping around before we saw the sun.

I forgot my Camera card so for now these are the lovely pictures you get to see of us wasting our time before we made it to the beach. So now we are to the backing into the Lexus story. Balboa island is super ritzy and honestly we were by far the crappiest car there in my moms Honda pilot. I made Kaden parallel park the car when we finally found a spot because well in Moapa Valley you don't need to know how to do that in order to pass your driving test, i should know. I hit the cones and drove onto the curb when i took mine, and sadly i passed with a high score. So anyways when we were leaving the island and heading to Laguna i couldn't see very well when i was pulling out and this was how it happened.

Vance- "Kaden maybe you should do this."
Kaden- "No Laura better be able to do this at least."
Me-" Im fine just tell me how far i can back up."
Kaden-" Oh you have a good five feet."

Then half a foot later i hit the Lexus. Not even exaggerating. So it wasn't really my fault it was Kaden's ha ha, and there was no harm done. So we left and drove down to Laguna. While we were there we searched out the tide pools and played in the water. Seriously the beach was packed but there were so many big waves there it was crazy. We got tossed around in the water quite a bit but we had a blast.
 Saturday after our blast at the beach we went to dinner at downtown Disney with my best friend Camille and her cute boyfriend. It was so nice catching up with them and hanging out for a bit. I miss her so much! Its always so great when i get to see her.
Sunday morning when i woke up i found Luke, Sarah, and Vance sharing a bed. It was too funny so i got a picture. Talk about family Love. After getting up for the day we did a hole lot of shopping again but didn't buy too much, except for i did get an adorable pair of coach shoes. Ah can i even try to explain how much i love coach shoes? I doubt it, so im not going to try.After shopping we headed to the beach once again, but it was a little cold and overcast and there were no signs of it burning off. We only stayed long enough to get a ticket which was like two hours and two minutes since our meter had two hours worth of quarters in it. Then we drove home and stopped for a yummy dinner at Claim Jumper. Kaden has been craving it forrrreevveeerrr (think sandlot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment