Friday, June 25, 2010

Day Care at the Park

Yesterday we spent a quite of bit of time at the park. When i say we, i mean eight adorable day care kids and myself. It was definitely my favorite day at work this week. Our kids are always entertaining but today they were great! completely sweet, or sweet enough i didn't dwell on the not so sweet parts and totally funny. It honestly was one of those days that just made me feel so blessed to work with children. Our time at the park totally reminded me of all the reasons i want to spend the rest of my life whipping booger noses and  putting up with whiny voices. I absolutely love to watch kids grow, and learn, and understand things, but most of all i love to learn, and grow and understand things from them. Children can be so considerate and so caring and polite that it amazes me how much of that we lose as we get older, I really hope i am still child like in that way though. Here are a few things that completely melted my heart yesterday.

Rhiley- "Miss Laura could you please untie my shoe for me, and make it look like a bone thats pretty like my other shoe, please."

Bronson- "Miss Laura could i have some water?" I give Bronson his water and he pours it on the ground. "Bronson what are you doing? I thought you were thirsty?" "I was but the ground looked thirsty too."

Emma- "Hey umm Miss Laura can you make me do the monkey bars, Please? If you hold me the hole time then i can reach them."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, this is Kylee's mom, I saw that you commented on her birth story post. Let me tell you that I have had two daughters that have been carriers of the strep B thing, and as long as you are given the antibiotics lots when you are in labor, the baby should be fine. My oldest daughter did not have those antibiotics with the first one and she did get the strep and had to be hospitalized the first week and a half of her life. It was not fun. But don't be scared about it. Just make sure your tested and you get the antibiotics during labor. Seems like women have to go through a lot to get those babies here, but it is so worth it. Take care and like your photography too.

    ReplyDelete