Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Another Semester Down, Now on to Break!

I survived finals, woohoo! I really was worried i wouldn't. I had 45 minutes of choreographed technique to perform for my dance final, lesson plan presentations for my education classes, and a ridiculously stressful 2 hour geography exam. I made it by with 5 A's 2 B's and 1 C. Im not to proud of the C but i am just happy that i don't have to retake the class. Kaden survived this semester too, he got a few A's and a few B's and is overall pretty happy with how he did, especially since he worked full-time all semester too. Now that the semester is over we have decided to make the most of our break. That means finish painting the house, decorating for christmas, and spending time with the family. So far we have finished the Kitchen, and the downstairs bathroom. Kaden has started our master bath, but gave up for a bit because the paint was frustrating him. Kaden has also moved onto what i like to call the man cave, otherwise known as the garage. He is building a desk and shelves out there and while this is going on everything that goes in the garage has been moved in the house. He told me a week ago it would be done and back in the garage the next day but at the moment i am sitting on the couch and am surrounded by camping gear, work out equipment and paint supplies. I will just be happy if it is all out of the house by the time school starts again, which seems to be coming way to fast! I have gone to the valley twice already and am headed back tomorrow, and at home i think all i have done is work on christmas presents, shopped for christmas presents, and worked. I have really enjoyed putting together things for christmas this year, i have decided that giving gifts and receiving gifts is one of my love languages. So christmas is amazing to me. I do wish i felt like it was christmas more spiritually this year though, i am kind of lacking in that area right now i think. I have been way more into the hole gift part than focusing on christ. New goal for today, read the christmas story. I did make a goal the first of December to do something giving everyday and to find christ in my life each day. That quickly got shot down when my migraines came back and i wanted die. Fortunately they have been gone for the past week. Anyways, today i am on too spending lots of time with the family. My aunt, uncle, cousins and sisters are coming up to go to the snow. Hopefully we can get up to Brian head with the way the weather has been. It should be pretty fun though, the other night my sisters and I met them in Vegas and had a blast playing at game works and eating Serendipity. Well, here are few house pictures and stuff I've been working on, i am off to start packing. I leave for the valley tonight and don't come home till Sunday or Monday.
 Our blue messy Kitchen
 The Bathroom, we painted, and put up molding, and framed our own mirror

 Pumpkin Bread!
 Our cute little Christmas Tree, I love our tree skirt :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the house! I want to see more. Oh and you totally read my mind about putting bread in those dollar tree things. Love it

    ReplyDelete