Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oh Dance, How I Love You!

I have been dancing for the majority of my life, and since i stopped taking private ballet until this last semester i believed i was done dancing for good. This last semester of Jazz has been amazing for me though. I have done things in dance i never thought i would be good at and have really learned a lot of technique i never had the opportunity to learn. I had an awesome teacher and a lot of fun with the girls in my class. I have kind of figured if i can progress so much more now in this one semester than i probably did in my hole 3 years of dance team that i should probably not give up on it quite yet. Last night i went to the schools Dance Concert and was in awe with it. It was so beautiful, and so moving. A few of the dances were very emotional. On top of that it was a modern dance concert, and i have never been a huge fan of modern but now my goal is to be in this concert before i graduate. ( we will see if it really happens) So next semester a modern dance class? I think so. Ah and my favorite song of the night for the dances, The Moon, by The Swell Season. I loved this song before but love it even more now. Oh yea and isn't this out fit sweet, its what you wear when you have a dance final and are required to wear tights and a leotard and its like 20 degrees outside and there is snow everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment