Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Julie Kirk

So i had a very long post written out about the events of finding out and telling katie and spending time with the Kirks. Instead i feel it to be more appropriate to keep this short and sweet. 

This was Julie's facebook post the night before she passed.

Just have to say that life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful, and mine is sure wonderful. Feeling extra blessed, loved, and thankful today! Yay for 
conference weekend, so excited!!! I love my friends!

With everything that was going on in her life, Julie Kirk was so optimistic. I can not imagine being in her shoes and finding so much joy in the small things. I hope to one day be as loving, kind, generous, beautiful, spiritual, and uplifting as Julie. I hope to be as great of wife, daughter, mother, and friend as her as well. I have looked up to Julie ever since i first met her. Any woman who can raise four boys is amazing. It has truly been a blessing in my life to have been able to be so close to her and her family. Julie practically helped raised my youngest sister Katherine and has always made me feel truly special. Every time i got to see her i knew i was loved. The past couple of years it has been very neat for me to see Julie and her family grow so near to the Lord. At one point i can remember having the opportunity to kneel for bedtime prayer with her and her family. This was right after one of Malcum's surgeries. I remember being so overwhelmed with the spirit there in Julie and Malcum's bedroom. After i left i emailed Julie and told her of the strong spirit that dwelled in their home. I told her that the only time i have ever felt angels so near and the spirit so strongly was in the Celestial room of the Temple. Julie's home was and is holy place filled with angels. I have felt it to be such a tender blessing to spend so much time with her family the past few days. I hope that i have been a help for them as they have been for me. My heart and prayers are with Malcum, Lance, Bryce, Chase, Pierce, Grandma Handy and the rest of the family. I am so grateful for the knowledge i have of my Heavenly Father, I am so blessed to know of his plan and to know with out a doubt that if we live righteously here on this earth will be in the Lord's presence. If anyone is worthy of residing with the Lord it is Julie and i can not wait for the day that we will meet again.



1 comment:

  1. Great tribute to the Kirks Laura and your a very sweet daughter in law!

    Love ya
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete