Sunday, April 8, 2012

Starting a New Routine

Lived

- Last week Kaden started a new schedule at work. At first I was really grumpy about it and so was he. This new schedule actually gives him days off though and I think we have realized we like that. On Thursday Kaden spent the day working out in the backyard deweeding and building some nice flower beds. Then on Friday we ran errands together and took Leighton out in public for the first time. While we were out we also picked up a bunch of flowers for the yard and planted them that night.


- I went back to the gym for the first time on Friday and it was amazing! I didn't do too much because I don't want to do anything to hurt myself but I could feel the endorphins working there magic as I did my cardio.


- Saturday was so much fun. Both Kaden's and my best friends came to visit us. Cami and Alex and Michael and Whitney were so sweet to drive as far as they both did. Of course they really came to visit Leighton but we aren't complaining. We are happy that she is so loved and we cant wait for her to have some friends. So hint hint both you couples should get working on that.

Learned

- My mom and sisters came to visit again and were here from Sunday night until Tuesday morning. I am not going to lie, I was a little nervous for them to come because Kaden really needed to get his sleep for work and my sisters aren't always the quietest people. I learned a couple of things while they were here though. 1 I really need to learn how to control my OCD and I felt like I tried really hard. It is amazing how some things really freak me out now though and I feel like i'm a germ Nazi. Is this normal for new moms it first time moms to be this way? And 2 I can no longer control my sisters. As the oldest of 4 girls I have always had done pull in any decision my sisters made but not anymore. Hannah and Katie are growing up and are totally their own persons. It is really mind blowing to me when I realize Katie is going to be in high school in the fall and Hannah is going to be a Junior. I thought I was so grown up then and so many life changing things happened to me then too. I can only hope that now that my sisters won't listen to me that they will choose to be strong and kind young women and stay true to the standards they have been taught. I so far am so proud of the girls that they are and have no doubt that they will continue to be amazing.

Katies cute new hair cut 
Loved

- umm loved getting gas for a somewhat affordable price. Thanking the Lord everyday that it hasn't hit 4 dollars yet in Cedar and I am so grateful for smiths rewards points that I can put towards gas!


- I have loved having Kaden home to myself on his days off and not having to worry about him working overtime.


- I have loved spending every moment possible with my little girl and catching up on much needed sleep during the day with her. Being a mom feels like the most natural thong I have ever done and having Leighton in my arms feels like the most natural place for her to be. I am sure I'm going to be in trouble soon though if I don't start putting her down every once in awhile or making her sleep in her bassinet. Right now she sleeps in bed with us. Which I used to think sounded so scary but now it seems like the best place for her I know there are a lot of pros and cons to family sleeping. Does anyone have thoughts on thus? Maybe in just being selfish by wanting her next to me.


- I also loved receiving an email from my math professor that said how proud if me she was for choosing to focus on the most important priority in my life right now, my family. She went on to say that when I return to school she will help me however she can but right now I should focus on my baby and not worry about school. I thought that was very sweet and it really made me feel like made the right decision in dropping this semester.

By the way, my baby turned 2 weeks old on Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. my mom always says you can't spoil a baby until 6 weeks. and i always take that literally, and hold them 24/7 until then. (ok, maybe a little longer!) and then i start having them nap and sleep regularly in their crib.

    and girl! what the heck are you doing in a gym? i'm guessing i'm old fashioned, (and i have to recover really fast to take care of all the other kids) but i don't do any exercise until i'm done spotting. and when i exercise if the spotting starts again i back off. it's actually a sign from your body that you aren't healed yet. (but you can do whatever you want. just putting in my two bits)

    she is really cute, by the way :) and her present is still in my bedroom! agh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I almost want to second everything annie wrote!! Its true babies are smart but they don't know what spoiling is and how to take advantage of that for a while. I personally co slept with both my girls. They both were horrible sleepers so I found it easier to co sleep and after awhile I just loved having them next to me smelling their cute baby smell and watching them sleep but I do warn you the usually don't sleep well when they co sleep. I too think you are crazy for exercising. I know after you have a baby, at least for me, I felt all gross and wanted to be done with baby body but the slower you go better for baby and you :)
    I too need to get you your baby gift!!
    Sorry that is my two cents. She is adorable and I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! She is so adorable! And you look great...I slept with both Aaron and Dean for the first few weeks :) Then they just gradually went to their bassinet and they both sleep on their own now, so it will work out for you! Do whatever you feel :) Who wouldn't want to sleep with their adorable baby! More cuddles lol...As for the gym...you go girl!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete