Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Need for Sleep

( A couple weeks late)
Lived

- Last week Cedar was cold and blizzardy and Leighton was fussy and not feeling well. I think she is colicy and it was very frustrating for both her and me. So after a week of screaming, rocking, crying, and feeding along with zero adult interaction, a week with dirty hair and my only work out being walking from the couch to my bed and back to the couch I decided I needed to get out of Cedar. So after realizing how depressed I was getting I packed up mine and Leighton's things and headed to Logandale. Leighton did great on our drive and slept the entire time. Which seriously felt like the first Once we got to the valley we got dressed and headed to the fair. I wasn't planning on going this year but I was glad to watch the hypnotist and eat some greasy fair food and luckily Leighton stayed happy up until we were ready to leave.





- Being in Logandale so far has felt amazing. I can't wait to get back home to Kaden but I'm sure he has loved all the sleep he has got since we left. While I've been down here I have gotten more sleep than before I had Leighton, washed my hair, been able to spend time with my younger sisters and go running outside. Like I said A-MA-ZING!

Learned

- I would have to say that the biggest thing I learned this week is that I have a serious need to take care of myself. When I first had Leighton I told Kaden that I felt like super woman. All of the sudden little to no sleep was alright, if I didn't get to wash my hair for a few days I didn't care, and being in the house all the time was no problem. But after 3 weeks of this I honestly started to feel depressed. I am sure the fact that it was still cold and snowy and that Leighton was so fussy didn't help but I felt myself getting sadder and sadder every day and feeling disconnected. Then the uncontrollable crying came. As soon as Kaden left for work Saturday I started balling. I didn't stop until I was half way to Logandale the next day. Being with my family, having some sun, getting some sleep, and running a few miles really made me feel so much better. As much as taking care of my beautiful little Leighton is my first priority I really need to make some time for myself too.



Loved

- As great as this week has been spending time with my family I absolutely loved coming home to Kaden. I was so excited driving back to Cedar that I felt twitterpaited. Being away from Kaden is always hard. But seeing each other again is always sweet.

I also loved coming home to a clean house. My sister Sarah stayed up the night before I came back and cleaned the kitchen, the floors and the living room.

(I know it looks like all Leighton does is sleep, but its not, i just needed to share the few moments that she did)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! You're wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the things I wish that someone had told me before I had my first, was how hard the adjustment would be. Everyone always talks about how great motherhood is (and it is), but the adjustment is hard. You go from where you are your number one priority, to all of a sudden being put on the back-burner. I'm glad you learned that you need some time too.

    ReplyDelete