Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I have a thing for jinxing myself

Lived

- After going home to Kaden last week he decided he was going to spend the weekend out in the hills with some friends. So I packed up Leighton and mines things and we headed right back to Logandale Friday afternoon. I was sad to be away from Kaden again so quickly but glad that he was going to have some fun.



- I got to have some fun over the weekend too. It was my best friend Camille's bachelorette party in Vegas and my family was willing to watch Leighton for me. Let me tell you, it is not easy leaving my beautiful little 1 month old behind. Sometimes I was wishing I took her with me but I was glad I didn't when we went dancing both Friday and Saturday night. Camille is one lucky girl, not only does she have me as a friend ;) but she has a bunch of other amazing girls by her side as well. It was so nice getting to know all of them and getting to really play in Vegas with ladies who know how. Saturday night we got all done up, went out to Dinner, and then headed to Hyde an upscale club at the Bellagio. We danced our little hearts out. But sadly I couldn't stay all night because I was on a strict pumping schedule and realized I was way overdue when I leaked all down my dress. Luckily everyone knew I just had a baby (seriously everyone, once cami got a few drinks in her she let everyone know how good I looked for having a baby.) and luckily this was not the most embarrassing thing that happened to me all night. I am sadly so serious about this, I fell flat in my face in a heels and a short dress in middle of the cosmopolitan. It was great, one moment I was looking at my phone, the next I was eye to eye will the slick marbled floor. What can I say I'm pretty talented.


- Leighton and I stayed in the valley until Wednesday. It felt like forever being away from Kaden for so long. After doing some senior photos on Wednesday I quickly packed up with the help of my sister and took off towards home. Just getting back to Cedar was an all day event. I had to stop to feed Leighton and could only offer her a bottle ( the result of something I learned) and then she had a major blowout all over me and herself. So I looked real good shopping at both Target and Costco poop stains all down my legs.

(Grandma Handy's first time holding Leighton)

Learned

- Tuesday and Wednesday I learned that while I am at my parents I should carry around a box with a lock on it to keep Leightons stuff in like her diapers, wipes, bowes, toys and nipple shields. Within 24 hours my sister hannah's dog ruined a bow, dragged countless clean diapers under my parents bed, took off with Leighton's bunny rattle and worst of all, ate all three of my nipple shields that I have to use in order to get Leighton to latch. My result of not being able to feed for an entire day even though I tried to pump is... wait for it... Mastitis (woo hoo!) I could seriously only hope that wiener dog turns into a coyote meal at the moment. I have never felt so sick in my life. Within an hour of realizing I had it I got a fever that even with taking 800 Motrin was at 101 and not going down, felt like every gland on my body was swollen, like my entire body was bruised, I was going to throw up, and my boob needed to be removed. 2 lortab, another Motrin, and 4 antibiotics later I felt like I was able to function. Never again will I leave anything of Leightons out, nor will I skip a feeding.


Sleepy Girl

- The most important thing I learned this week is that I really do jinx myself. When I was pregnant with Leighton a friend asked if she ever got the hiccups, I replied with a no never, from that moment on (even still) she was the hiccup queen. Then when Leighton was almost 3 weeks old I was asked if I was just so tired all the time. I replied no she sleeps great it's amazing. By my last post you can tell how long that lasted, and she is still colicy. Now the last thing, at Camille's Bach party everyone asked don't you get sire from nursing, of course I replied no it's been great and abracadabra sore nipples and mastitis. I am never answering positively to another question again.


Tiffany likes to lay on Leighton

Loved

- I loved getting to do a little senior pictures photo shoot. I always forget how much taking pictures makes me happy when I take such long breaks in between shoots. I am hoping as soon as I get settled in to being a mom I will have more time for pictures. I love taking, and editing them and really would like to become better at both as well.

- I once again loved coming home to Kaden. There is just something about missing my husband that makes me love being with him that much more. Especially when I come home to him and he completely takes care of me, wish I hadnt been sick, but I loved Kaden wanting to help me. It really was so sweet.

- I also loved playing with Leighton, like always. She is getting so big so fast. She bears weight on her legs, pushes herself up when she is on her stomach, completely holds her head up, makes some cute noises, and smiles so big! I love, love, love her smiles! She will just sit there and smile at me and make noises and really react to what she sees and hears it's pretty amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment