Monday, May 14, 2012

Short Week

May 1-6

Lived

- Twice this week i have packed up and drove down to Logandale. Honestly Leighton and I have spent more time down here lately than at home. After this week I think I will stay home until Leighton's blessing. Our first trip down on Monday was to go with my mom and Grandma Handy to Vegas to pick out fabric for Leighton's blessing dress. I am so excited for it. I know it's going to be beautiful! Now we are back down to finish taking senior pictures, but this time we are lucky to have Kaden with us. We both missed him too much so we wouldn't have came without him.


- While in Vegas on Tuesday I happened to lose my iPhone and didn't even realize it was gone until almost midnight that night. I swore it must have been stollen out of my purse when we went to Winco (one of the happiest places on earth). I had my phone all shut off in case it was stollen so no one could get into my accounts. Like the dits that I am I left it on a pattern table at JoAnns and thanks to a miracle they actually had it still. Vein disconnected from my phone. For a day wasn't bad but the thought of losing everything on my phone made me absolutely sick. I really need to start taking pictures if Leighton with a real camera. Almost all of the picture i have of her are on my phone.

- Friday Kaden and I decided we were going to go see the Avengers. We have been waiting forever for this movie to come out and I can't lie we are pretty excited about it. We have this habit though of being late to movies and just about everything. So we leave the house with Kaden all grumpy and of course he has to speed the entire way, faster than the equinox wants to go and guess what we ended up missing the movie. Kaden got pulled over and got a ticket for 15 over. I wanted to scream! For now on i think i will drive where ever we will go. Oh and when we were pulled over the officer gave us a huge lecture on our the baby carrier handle being up while we were in the car. I understand the reason except for at the hospital we were told our model was fine to have it, our car seat manual says its fine, and it even says on the side of the carrier that it is fine. I told the officer to look at the carrier and that it said the handle could be up while in the vehicle. He totally blew me off and didn't believe me. Anyone else know anything about this?

- Friday night was Grace's May day dance. We went and watched. It was great that Kyle and Jess got there early enough to get a spot right by where Grace was dancing. She was a little shy like always, but she did Great!



I got mad at my bangs and chopped them off.

Learned

- Kaden and I booked a cruise from an entire week the first week of October. I realized since i do so much driving, i am slacking on my hole getting into shape plan. Saturday night Katie and i went to the High School and did an awesome work out. I even did some hurdles, and wow am graceful when i do them, not. I realized though i really need to step up my level of intensity now that i am past six weeks and i have reached a very flabby plateau of toning up and losing weight.
work out
after work out

- A major thing i learned this week though was that i really do not have the time to do pictures at the moment. As much as i love to do them, it really is too time consuming for Leighton's schedule. I really liked doing these last senior pictures that i did, but until i know i will be able to focus just on getting pictures edited and have the time to take them i wont be doing them. I really need to focus on Leighton, and Kaden and my home right now.

I also learned how to make onion rings.

Loved

- I know i already said this but i loved Kaden going to Logandale with Leighton and me. I also loved that we went out to dinner with my parents while we were there and that Leighton slept through the entire night Saturday night. She is starting to sleep at least 6 hours every night and i feel like a new woman!



Sleeping through the night


Some Leighton Love

No comments:

Post a Comment