Monday, September 24, 2012

Cabin Weekends

September  14-23

Lived

- WooHoo! My parents finally got their cabin and we have spent the past two weekends there. It has been so fun decorating and cleaning getting it all set up just the way we want it. Our first weekend up there was Mom's birthday weekend. We got her some pretty cute stuff from Bulloch's that just happened to go perfectly in her new little home away from home.





 

- Last Monday Kaden, Leighton, and I headed to Salt Lake for the day to buy Kaden a Bronco. I told Kaden i would only go if he promised we could go to Temple Square. Of course i planned out our outfits and everything so we could take some cute pictures and I totally forgot my camera. Iphone photos of our trip only. Oh and we didn't even buy the Bronco. Poor Kaden still doesn't have his own vehicle.









- School craziness is finally catching up with me and I knew this next week will be super busy so i already started packing for our cruise. We are so excited! It is only 6 days away.


- Our second trip up to the cabin was a mostly a guy trip to get pipes and water tanks going. Sarah, Leighton and I tagged along to make them food. Of course we forgot quite a bit of the food though. The best meal was breakfast and Joe actually helped me make it.



Learned

- I don't really remember as many details about my life as I assume I do. This past week as I tried to recall specific details from my childhood I realized I couldn't. I remember random small blurbs like it raining so hard while I was in kindergarten that the gutters were over flowing and my mom and Chris were there with umbrellas when we got off the bus. I remember sitting on the counter in the palm view house making carrot soup (carrots, sugar, and water) while my mom was sleeping. I can picture perfectly the tree in the front yard that I loved to climb and the cracks in the concrete from the pepper trees in the yard. I remember the bushes that I liked to hide in and the fields that i liked to explore. I can picture very short clips of times I was playing with my friends like ducking under frisbees, riding our bikes around the block, digging holes, and all the times me or someone else got hurt. When I was thinking about all of the things I do remember I realized that there is so much more that I don't. I wish I could recall everything, but mostly I hope I don't continue to forget. I want to be able to tell my children about trips to froggy city, and the time I fell in love with a bird named little foot.

I think every week I will start posting about a memory but we will see.

-I want to do this because I also hope that I never forget the sweet things that I am experiencing right now. Every time Leighton laughs at Tiffany i pray I will always hear her sweet sounds. The way she pulls my hair or screams when she wants my attention. I even want to remember her beautiful cries and how they melt my heart when she is so dramatic.






 posting these just for Camille. Isn't she the cutest naked baby ever?



Loved

- I love gift giving holidays and I love my mom. So her birthday is so much fun for me. I got to go shopping for her and spend the weekend with her. She is the most amazing mother. She is beautiful and caring and funny and hard working and exactly what i hope to be like someday.



- I love moments that make me realize that  we are doing the right thing with our lives right now. I pray to know what we should be doing at this point, if going to school, being totally broke and barely scraping by is where we should be at this moment and then i read this at lunch one day. Then I went to the Brigham City temple dedication and left with no doubts in my mind that we are supposed to be here. We are supposed to be working on raising a family and building a foundation for the rest of our lives.


- I also love all of the time that Leighton gets to spend with her Great Grandma. I remember my great grandma Peggy but very vaguely and my sisters don't at all. It is a special thing that Leighton has 3 of them to love her.


3 comments:

  1. aw, i need me some cabin/family time!!! looks fun:) ps leighton is getting so big and cuter and cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen this cutie! We have to plan a time to get together before she gets too much bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I feel the same about memories from my past! I hope you guys are having a blast on your cruise. I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    -Whit

    ReplyDelete