Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Month of August

August 4-31

Lived

-I decided to take a little break from blogging which was more like a little break from life. After we got home from California i worked on homework and finals for a week straight. It was completely exhausting and i felt a true hatred toward my computer afterwards. So now i have to try and remember what all we accomplished in the past month.

-We did a lot of laying around, literally. We have a king size mattress in our living room waiting to be moved up to my parents cabin. Yea its been there since before we left to California and it doesn't seem to be moving anytime soon.






-Leighton went swimming in a pool for the first time. Sadly it wasn't the experience i was hoping it would be. She absolutely loves the bath and is a fish in the bath but the pool, not so much.

-I started taking Leighton and Tiffany on walks together. It is not that easy but very worth it. I love getting out of the house and feeling like i'm doing something to help myself feel good.


-Kaden took me shopping for my birthday. It was amazing! Seriously it was one of our only good shopping trips where neither of us got angry or spent way too much. I loved spending the day with just my husband and my baby.

-I went on a little girls trip with Leighton and Courtney to Marsvalle to see my parents. We went meaning to stay for the day but ended up staying the night. We putted around in the rzr, ate some yummy food, went on a rafting ride and just hung out. The weather was so nice and it was fun to hang out with Courtney and get to know her more.

-Leighton and i went to Logandale for my birthday and went to Vegas with Hannah and Naomi to go shopping. We found lots of fun stuff and had a great day celebrating both Hannah's and mine birthday. I can not believe she is sixteen already though, look out people she will be driving soon.





- The Hymas family came up for some football on campus and we got to go hang out with them and watch Pierce and Gannon play some ball. It was fun to finally see them i feel like it has been forever, and it was great to finally see Pierce. I have really missed him, it has been way too long.


- Last but not least, school is officially back in session. I'm not quite sure how i feel about it. Its good in some ways, i get some adult interaction and i am continuing my education but in other ways it really stinks. I had a girl who was a freshman when i was a senior in high school tell me how old she feels at school and there are kids in my class who were in the second grade when 9/11 happened. I am too old for some of this people and not really by age obviously i'm not old, but i can not stand how a lot of these girls act. I hope i was never that immature.

Learned

- Surprisingly i love being computer free. It is so nice to focus on other things instead of the internet or whatever else i spend hours doing on the computer. However i didn't like not writing on my blog for an entire month. This post is so vague and so many wonderful things happened in August that i should write more about.

- I need to work on being more outgoing. I think i have wrote about this before but i have felt so socially awkward lately. I am finally making friends and doing more things with people here in  Cedar and i love it, but afterwards i have about a million things running through my mind about how weird i must have been or how crazy they must think i was and how they will never want to be my friend and such randomness. I know i can not be the only person who does this, but i hate that i do. Maybe i just have been so unfriendly for so long that i just need to be more used to it. But i am just saying right now i am sorry if i ever offend anyone or talk to much about myself, or am completely awkward, i am working on it.

Loved

- I loved experiencing new things with Leighton this past month. She is getting so big! She crawls like crazy, and i swear has doubled in size. She laughs all the time and makes lots of silly noises and faces. She is so completely perfect to me. I can not get over her red hair and big blue eyes. Every time she is sad i melt. I am trying not to spoil her but i am sure i do. She has fallen off of this stupid king size mattress that is in our living room twice now and both times i have felt like the worst mom in the world. She is mesmerized by the opening song on Parenthood. She lights up whenever she sees or hears Kaden. She is cuddling again and when she is tired she wants to curl up in my arms. She gives kisses, great big ones with her mouth open. Sometimes when i am laying on the bed or floor and she is playing next to me she will crawl over and give me a kiss, ha and then she will bite my nose. I do this to her all the time so i honestly think she is copying it. She is eating baby food now and can't get enough of it. Seriously this little girl eats about three jars of vegetables or fruits a day mixed with cereal. She attacks Tiffany, and Tiffany is the perfect dog around her. If she gets annoyed she will just lick Leighton until she leaves her alone. Leighton is also teething and puts everything in her mouth. When she is in the bath she will even try to suck on the side, she sucks on the side of her high chair and i have caught her trying to eat the bottom of chair. Leighton is so smart already and i know i am going to be in trouble with her little attitude and how mobile she is but i can not get enough of it. Everything she does is so perfectly amazing to me and i thank my heavenly father everyday for sending her into our lives.









2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't worry about that stuff after hanging out with us!! Because I love you! And we love hanging out with you guys! And heaven knows, you can't get anymore awkward than when Eric and I get together :) ha ha! But seriously, you are SO great! You have nothing to worry about so definitely don't think any of those negative thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful jam packed post of so much cuteness! haha LOVE it :) &your friends with my sister in law? love it!

    ReplyDelete