Thursday, September 13, 2012

New Schedules

September 1-13

Lived

- The past couple of weeks have been great. We have all been working on getting used to new schedules and spending more time together.

- School has been going on for a few weeks now and for some reason i just don't feel like i have a need to do homework or work on lesson plans right now. My problem might be that i only have two classes and feel like playing with Leighton or auditing notes might be more important.

- Kaden's work schedule flipped so he is no longer working Sundays which makes me one happy wifey. Going to church alone is not as hard as it looks, but it isn't fun either. I sure am glad that i will have my hubby by my side during sacrament for now on and in Sunday school. Church seems just that much better with  him there.

- Speaking of work... I got a job! Finally i am working for my mom at Mesa View Hospice and i love it. I do all of my work online and at home. It truly is the perfect job and perfect for my family. I am so grateful that My Mom and Shannel felt like i could do this.

- Labor day weekend was eventful. Saturday we went to the Iron County fair with our friends Eric and Courtney. You can see some of our pictures here at Courtney's cute blog. I was surprised how small it was and what little there was to do there. We have always been so spoiled with the Clark County Fair but we still had fun. Kaden is already spoiling Leighton with all the little carnival toys. Sunday we headed to the annual family reunion. It was too bad no one in the family was there. (cough cough Vance, Teisha, Kyle, and Jessica) I guess we missed out on seeing everyone on Saturday. We still had a nice time though hanging out with Penn and Nancy.



- Last weekend was fun too. Sarah and I packed up Leighton and Tiffany and headed to Logandale. My mom called Friday and was in a shopping mood, we couldn't turn her down. Needless to say we had one very successful shopping trip. The next morning we all woke up wondering why we didn't buy more.
  
- Leighton took her first Tortoise ride while we were in Logandale. I have had Stuart (the tortoise) for 15 years now and it is crazy to think that when i brought her (yes, her)  home from the pet store she fit in the palm of my 8 year old hand.

Learned

- I may have a little obsession and this one is probably not very good for me. I now own six pairs of colored jeans. Is that totally obnoxious? Ah how in the world did i get hooked on this expensive obsession. I swear i cant feel cute with out a pair on. The worst part about this is that they will all probably be completely out of style by next fall.

- To add to my post last week i think i totally had an ah ha moment this Sunday. I was able to listen to an amazing lesson in relief society that i swear was meant just for me. We talked about how before we can love others we need to love ourselves first. We also need to quiet our own voices in our head in order to hear the spirits promptings. It is so true! As soon as i heard those two things i immediately started thinking about how insecure i have felt lately, how hard it has been for me to talk to people, and how awkward i seem to be. I am sure i have been all of these things because i have put myself down so much. I know i really do tear myself apart and i really need to work on that. I remember when i first moved out and i would feel this way i would write notes to myself on my mirror. I would recite good things about myself out loud to actually remember and hear them. I think i am going to try these again and see if these will help in my endeavor to be a kinder, happier person and better friend.



  
- Ah looks like i need to mop everyday now too. 

- It is sadly time to start baby proofing. I actually probably should have done this a few weeks or even months ago but instead i have been loving that my somewhat mobile baby hasn't been too curious but now Leighton is completely mobile and overly curious. She makes it around the island in the kitchen in 2 minutes and can dump out Tiffany's food before Tiff has a chance to get to it. I'm sure it will only be days before all my cupboards are emptied.

Loved

- I have loved the grades i have received so far this semester. I made a goal to get nothing short of an A in both of my classes, and so far i am still holding a 100%.

- I have loved the time Kaden and i have been spending together. We got hooked on the show Parenthood and couldn't stop watching it. Sounds ridiculous but it is a show worth watching and even gave us some marriage and parent advice. I can honestly say that i am so grateful for the way both of our families have been raised and how close we all are. I hope our own family will be the same way.

- I have also loved all the time that Kaden has been spending with Leighton. It works out so great that on Tuesdays Kaden gets to watch her while i am in school. He is an amazing father and is so in love with her. He helps me so much at home and with our beautiful baby girl.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is crawling!!! What a big girl! She is so darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING everything about this post! Hey did you know my maiden name is Leavitt?! :) We are related girl!

    ReplyDelete