Saturday, November 2, 2013

Emersyn Hope

Early this morning Kaden and I crawled out of bed to our waiting bags and a past out Leighton to head to the Hospital. I was scheduled to be induced at 3:00 am but we arrived around 4:00. After getting settled in to the delivery room and going through paperwork I was started on potosin around 5:00. Emersyn was stubborn just like Leighton. I hadn't been progressing much and was only dilated to a 3 1/2 when Dr. Polson broke my water at 6:30. 



Kaden and I slept as much as we could until the hard contractions began. Somehow we were much calmer going into this labor. Maybe because we knew what to expect and because last time went so well, or maybe because even after 40 weeks of pregnancy we still could not believe we were being blessed with another daughter. At 9:30 after feeling very nauseas and dry heaving through contractions I opted for an epidural. Kaden was so sweet and rubbed my back and waited on me through every contraction.

 When it came to the epidural he stood right in front of me and let me squeeze his hand so tight that it hurt. As soon as he was asked how he was doing and he shortly replied that he was fine, he hit the ground. I had just said you sat last time because my dad past out before and then he was out. It took a minute for him to come around but luckily our nurse caught his head so he wasn't hurt and he provided a good laugh for everyone in labor and delivery. 

Both My mom and Nancy came to the room shortly after Kaden's fall and played the waiting game with us. I wasn't checked again until 11:30 and at that point was a 6 1/2. I had no idea how much longer we would wait for but did not expect to start feeling ready to push only 20 minutes later. After 15 minutes of feeling pushing pressure I decided to let the nurse know I thought I was ready and she confirmed it. As soon as Dr. Polson walked in he calmly helped me into position and just said push when your ready. I never struggled or even felt out breath. Even while pushing and Emersyn began making her way into the world everything felt so unreal. As she came out I realized the cord was around her neck and she was very purple, somehow I never felt worried for her. I quickly said I wanted her and she was laid on my stomach while the Doctor and nurse got her crying. As soon as she was breathing on her own she cuddled right up to me. It was a perfect moment. I was blessed with so much peace and knew everything was alright. In a moment that could have been panic I felt like everything was so perfect. I know she had some special angela helping her to be well. The spirit that filled the room was overwhelming for me.


Finally at 12:18 our little miracle had arrived, weighing 7 pounds and 8 ounces, and was 19.5 inches long. She was healthy, came very easily and was welcomed into the world by so many people who truly love her. Kaden and I still felt like it was so unreal. We still do actually. How In such a short amount of time were we blessed with two amazing spirits from heaven? We couldn't be more honored to have Emersyn join our family. Leighton has been a little skeptical so far and isn't sure what to think of her new baby sister but I know in time she will love her and understand just how special "baby sister" really is. 


Emersyn so far is exactly what I imagined. Easy, her birth was easy, feeding is easy, she just is content to be held and sleep. She has only been in our precence for about 18 hours but so far I could not feel more comfortable or confident as a mother. I had my second amazing child birth experience, have a beautiful daughter in my arms and can not feel any closer to my husband and we couldn't feel any closer to heaven. 


Yesterday Kaden and I were sadly reminded that Grandma Karen would not be on her way to the hospital to meet our new bundle of joy but were happily reminded that Emersyn already knew her. Maybe that is why my girls stay  in the whom as long as possible, they are not done learning from all of the people who love and care for them in heaven. Being in the presence of a newborn is like probably the closest anyone can get to witnessing pure innocence and perfection at once. Emerson's sweet spirit has already touched my heart in so many ways and reminded me how grateful I am to have an eternal family and the knowledge that I have of the plan of happiness. I'm not quite sure how anyone can experience such a pure miracle like birth or a baby and not see the spiritual connection. I know that just holding Emersyn makes me want to be a better wife, mother and person. I am reminded again with her in my arms of the role I have to care for my daughters and that there is no responsibility that could be more sacred than that of being a mother. 




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Is the only thing that comes to mind! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete