Saturday, November 16, 2013

November {part 1}

How is it already November? This year has gone by so fast. I honestly feel like it should be just starting still, but i am sure glad that it is already the eleventh month. I have always loved November. Every year i challenge myself to look back and remind myself each day of something i am truly thankful for and why. I usually post about it on facebook but this year i want it to be more special and personal than that. So i decided i would put it on here instead. Obviously I am a few days behind but for good reason. Beautiful miss Emersyn joined us on the 1st (only making this month even more special).

I am thankful for...

01- the ability i have to have children. Several years ago i was told it wouldn't be easy to get pregnant and with our first daughter it really wasn't. We now have two absolutely beautiful little girls. Both pregnancies have been easy and deliveries have gone smoothly. Having a child it truly a miracle, so many things have to work out just right in order to bring a new life into this world.


02- my husband. Kaden and I do not always have the easiest marriage but we do always have a good one. Kaden has been so supportive of me and all that i strive to do. He has encouraged me to finish school, start businesses, stay healthy and do the things i love. He works hard so i can stay home with our girls. He is still in school so he can have an education and a good job. He plays, cuddles and reads to our girls and i know that our family is the most important thing to him. I am so proud of him and i couldn't feel more thankful that 5 years ago he asked me to marry him. 

03- Leighton. I have always felt like she was the missing piece to the family Kaden and I had been praying for. The moment she arrived she filled our lives with so much love and joy. She has been my perfect side kick for the past year and a half and i know will be the perfect big sister.


04- Emersyn. Although she has only been in our lives for 5 days now it feels like she has always been here. Emersyn was definetly a surprise but she is also our little miracle. We can already tell there was a reason for him coming into our lives right now.

05- mine and Kaden's mom. Both of our moms were able to spend several days in Cedar after Emersyn was born and both were willing to help with anything we needed. Our moms were also both able to be there when Emersyn was born. They love us so much and maybe our girls even more. I am so loving to have two amazing women to spoil Leighton and Emersyn and two women who they can always rely on and look up to as Kaden and I have.


06- my sisters. Each of my sisters tends to teach me something different. We don't always get along or understand one another but we do always love eachother. It's funny to think of how different we are all turning out but how alike we are at the same time. I am thankful to be the oldest and to be able to watch the three of them grow up.


07- mine and Kaden's dads. We have learned so many things  from them but especially how to be hard workers and how to get through hard things. Our dads have taught us the value of family by the way they love and take care of theirs. And both of them turn into big teddy bears for our girls and love spending time with them.


08- our home. I can not believe we have owned our own home for 3 1/2 years now. It has been such a huge blessing to live in the same place and not have to worry about landlords. We have made our house really ours and have brought both our daughters home to it. I feel safe here and at peace. It's our own little haven from the world. 

09- amazing friends. I don't have a lot of people that I am close to, but the ones that I am are amazing. I couldn't have better examples to associate with. Through hard times and good we are there for eachother and there isn't anything nicer than to know I have people I can share my life with outside of family.


10- the opportunity I have had to help start a business this year. It has been a crazy start and will definitely continue to be an adventure as we move back east and to the south, but also a huge blessing. 

11- the opportunity I have had to travel so much this year. I have fallen in love with new places and seen a difference in how other people in other cities are. It has helped make me excited to move and made me appreciate Cedar more at the same time. Traveling always teaches me different things and clears my mind of worries. It's made life exciting and I can't wait to try traveling two babies now.


12- Cedar City, we have loved here for 4 years now and i can't believe I've actually grown to like it here. This past year I had time to enjoy its beauty and festivals. I have made great friends and been able to explore the city with Leighton. For a  small place it's offered quite a bit to do that I never realized before. 

13- modern medicine. When i fell a couple weeks ago and was unsure how Emersyn was doing I was able to go to the hospital and hear her heart beat. It was such a beautiful and reassuring sound. 

14- the power of the priesthood and the knowledge I have of the LDS gospel. I have had a few priesthood blessings this year and each one has helped me to know what to do, comforted me and helped me to feel at peace with the Lord's will.


15- the love I've gained for running and hiking. It helps me to relieve so much of my stress and to feel better all around. I know it has helped my pregnancies and labors to be easy and now hopefully my postpartum recovery as well. 



1 comment:

  1. I know a picture of me will show up on here at some point... ;)
    Or do we even have any together?! We need to be better about that!

    ReplyDelete