Monday, November 25, 2013

Leightons First Snow Day

The past week has been nothing but tiring and stressful. I had a list of a dozen things i needed to get done but only one thing on my mind and it wasn't getting finished very quickly. I had two papers that were due last Sunday and i had the hardest time writing them. Luckily i really do have the coolest professor who let me have more time to finish them. Even with researching all week i could not put my thoughts on paper very well and i wrote and rewrote way too many times. Finally Thursday evening i was finished and felt like i could breathe again. My home had been totally neglected and so had my babies, especially Leighton. So I promised myself i would make the day about her. 

We woke up Friday morning to a backyard full of fresh snow. It had been one of the first times i had waken up before her since having Emersyn and i waited anxiously for her to get up and see are new white yard. As soon as she stumbled down the stairs i ran her over to back door and we eewwed and awwwed over all the white. Leighton was so curious. Of course we had snow last year but I am sure she doesn't remember it and she definitely wasn't old enough to play in it. 



She was sooo careful at first, stepping on it softly and listened to it crunch under her boot, then she tip toed to the back of the yard and eventually picked up a handful and tried to eat it. After that she gave up her bottle and went crazy running laps with Tiffany. Our boots have now made their home by the back door until the snow is officially gone. It was honestly the best way to spend some quality time with my little girl. I can't wait for more fun days that will come with the snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment