Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Perfect Weekend

Two weekends ago (Em's first weekend home) we had a full schedule planned out. Including a wedding on Saturday and a family reunion on Sunday we were going to be crazy and venture out if Cedar with our 1 week old and attend these two much anticipated events. I am a planner and I have a need for human interaction and being pregnant only made it worse and almost obsessive (okay very obsessive). I fixated on any little future event as much as possible to keep myself busy and in check. When Kaden told me he felt like we should skip out on our plans for Em's sake and ours (we both had numerous papers due) I had to hold back a little anxiety attack and I try to remind myself I just had a baby. Obviously I was not in the right state of mind because I quickly wanted to add a 5k to my Saturday and was pretty upset I didn't have a chance to see if I could even run around the block.


Our weekend turned out to be exactly what I needed. We didn't do anything that was previously planned. We woke up each day as a family and Kaden even let me sleep in and took care of Leighton both Saturday and Sunday. We spent time with my parents, ran some errands with out the girls and took Leighton to then park and on a walk. We both were even able to get several papers finished and turned in. 


The best part of our weekend was that we spent it completely together. Kaden and I helped each other with everything. We took turns with the girls, took turns with cleaning up and overall reassured each other that we can handle everything we do and have two kids. It was exactly what I needed to help ease some moving anxiety I've been feeling since having Emersyn. It reminded me of how much Kaden really does love and care for me and our family and helped me to get out of my obsessive planning need that I had going on. It really was exactly what I needed.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment