Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014


Welcoming in a New Year is always such an exciting and well welcomed time but this year I have been facing it with some anxiousness and anxiety. I know with this new year so much change will come and I don't know how much control I will have over it. I don't want my babies to get older or for my sister to leave for a year and a half or especially for Jessica to have to face her cancer. But I know with this new year my girls will grow and continue to bring smiles to our faces, Sarah will bless the lives of others while sharing the gospel and Jessica will be strong and beat the cancer and be an inspiration to everyone around her. 

New Years means new beginnings, the past two years brought new life into our lives and new love with it. (no babies this year) While I try to come up with resolutions every year I felt like it was especially needed now that I have finished school. Here are few that I have so far. 

Spiritual Goals- read scriptures every morning, pray daily with Kaden, teach Leighton to pray, attend the temple monthly and pay tithing regularly.

Physical Goals- exercise daily, be more active, drink juice regularly, no soda, less junk, run more 5ks, run a half marathon.

Mental Goals- read at least 1 book a month, learn new words, write on the blog regularly, help Kaden with his classes. 

Family Goals- make dinner daily, keep the home more organized, go to Disneyland, go to the east coast, move to Nashville. 

I'm sure I'll add more to the list as time goes on but as I am hesitant to start the year as it is I tried to make my goals as achievable as possible. 

I hope that this year is a good one. I hope I can love more, need less and enjoy the simple things that I am blessed with. I pray happiness is overwhelming and growth is welcomed. Ready or not 2014 is here. 

           


No comments:

Post a Comment