Sunday, January 26, 2014

Panties and Pony Tales


If you've  followed my Instagram lately then you should know by now how crazy Leighton is. Ever since our visit to Nashville we have been watching our sweet 1 year old transform into a crazy almost 2 year old that might act more like a teenager than a toddler, minus the boy problems. Heaven help us when this girl discovers the opposite sex. 

Two things we have managed to work on inbetween her shaking her finger and saying no and telling me to go away have  been potty training and doing her hair everyday. She has been awesome with potty training! Only about 1 accident a day and the only time I put a diaper on her is for bed at night. She loves her big girl panties. So much that she put all 6 pairs on when we first got them and ran around yelling woo hoo. 

Her hair has been more of a struggle but if I can distract her with a muffin or a little doot doot (TV) then it turns out pretty cute and she likes to look at it and say pretty. Speaking of pretties Leighton is obsessed with puffy little dresses and skirts. She actually tries to wear a skirt with every outfit and likes to twirl around and watch it flow. We bought her a Minnie Mouse dress the other day and she wanted to sleep with it and then brought it into me at 6:30 in the morning so she could put it on. I actually had to hide it so she'd wear different clothes this weekend. 

As much as I like to point out how crazy and hard she is I wouldn't want her any other way. She is still very sweet and loving and very much her own person. I love seeing her personality grow. I love that she still can't pass up on cuddles or being held. I love that she is still little no matter how big she may seem. And I love that she has really started to take on the role of being a big sister. She has started to hold Emersyn, try to carry her (we don't encourage this), and play with her. The more she talks and accomplishes big girl things the more I know she really will be a great example for Emersyn and she will love having a little sister to boss around. 






No comments:

Post a Comment