Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Mother


This morning i woke up in a huge hotel bed with Emersyn snuggled next to me and Leighton sprawled across Kaden and mine's legs. I laid there in the dark before anyone else moved smiling to myself. I couldn't help but feel so blessed. What a calling i have been given. I am a mother. I have two darling girls that i have opportunity of raising. 



Not every morning feels so picturesque. In fact, most mornings don't. I am usually crawling out of bed with my eyes half open and am counting down the hours until i can lay down again. Honestly, being a mother is probably the hardest thing i will ever do. That might just make being a mother that much more amazing though. It is not for the faint of heart, it is sleepless nights, cleaning the house, making meals, changing bums, stressing about anything and everything, keeping a little human not only alive but well and thriving.


Photos by McKenzie Felt.

I can not think of anything else i would rather be doing. The hard days make the good days that much better. I love spending my days with the girls playing dress up, dancing in the living room, swimming in the tub or running around the back yard. I love our secret laughs, soft kisses, and long hugs. I love when Leighton says mommy when she is loving and yells mom when she is mad. I love that Emersyn only has eyes for me and will literally bend over backwards to see my face. I know there is nothing more spiritual or no other work that can bring me closer to God than that of being a mother. I could not be a mother if i was not entrusted with these spirits and i know that i am because Heavenly Father saw me fit to watch over them. 


I love that today is a day devoted to mothers and all that they do. I could not be the mother that i am with out my mom and Kaden's as well. We have been blessed with amazing parents, but especially amazing mothers. These women put up with two stubborn, strong willed children who demanded a lot of attention and still do. We could not be more grateful for their support in our lives and their love for our girls, they are both the best grandmothers there are! I have always loved this quote and this it fits them perfectly. 



P.S. -The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints released this video. Could it be anymore perfect?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! When did you take these?
    LOVE that quote by Thomas S Monson! You're an amazing mom, Laura!

    ReplyDelete