Friday, May 9, 2014

Feeling Smarter Now?


Friday, the 2nd of May, 2014 I graduated from Southern Utah University with a degree in Education. This endeavor took way to long but i finally finished it. No, I won't be teaching now. I applaud all those out there that are teaching now, but at this point in my life it is not for me. I am grateful for the hours and years i put into learning about children, their development, and ways of teaching. There are so many lessons i learned that i apply to my life every day and to the way i intend on raising my own children. The feeling of putting on my cap and gown seemed a little sureal. I had been dreaming about the moment i would be handed my diploma since the day i made the decision to go to college.



Photos by McKenzi Felt (whats a shoot with out a baby?)

When i graduated high school I had no idea who i wanted to be when i grew up but i knew i did not want to waist any more time in a classroom. Sorry to all of my high school teachers, but i didn't learn a whole lot and that was mostly my fault. It wasn't until i moved on a whim and fell into a Montessori teaching job that i found my love for learning and understood the importance of being an educated person. I think this why i majored in education even though i don't care to teach or at least for now, but i do hope to help others find a love for learning. All that we get to take with us after this life are the things we know, i would know very little if i didn't crave to learn. 




After being asked several times on graduation day if i felt any smarter now i just laughed. Now that i have thought about it...yes, i do. If i didn't my time spent in classrooms, computer labs, at the library on practicums, and up late at night would have been for nothing.


2 comments:

  1. Congratz! You're such a stunning woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! You are super woman! CONGRATS!
    Also.... BABE status! I hope Kaden knows how lucky he is ;)

    ReplyDelete