Friday, June 6, 2014

Dear Leighton


Dear Leighton, 

Today you have been so sweet. I am amazed everyday by your crazy spirit but today i was in awe with your sensitive personality. You asked me to hold you while we were shopping and wanted to help pick out a present for Quincy baby. We went to Logandale today and on our way we stopped by grandmas. You asked me not to leave you but cried for 10 minutes because you didn't get to see grandma. You love her so much and she loves you too.  On our way we stopped in Saint George to go shopping, in the first store you stripped down and put on a brand new dress. You always know what you want and obviously exactly how to get it. I hope you always know how to accomplish what you set your mind to. Driving into Logandale you got so excited. You started reaching to the window yelling May May! If only she was here. You miss her so much, i miss her too and she misses you so. When we got to Grandma and Papas you got a hold of Katie's kitten and carried it around like a doll. At one point you grabbed a picture of May May and held it in front of the kitten and told the kitten May May mission. 


Right now you are so in love with repeating words. You say tink bell, elmo, bear, cinderella, and just about any other word i ask you to say, those just happen to be your favorite shows. You love taking care of your baby dolls, reading books and cooking up some yummy meals on your play kitchen. Every  morning when you wake up you climb into bed with me and ask one of two things, gym or dudu. Today i could barely open my eyes so i rolled over and handed you my phone with elmo on and you tucked me back into bed. You are such a big helper. Just before we left the house today i went to get your sister out of her crib and you were already half way down the hall with her. I  still have no idea how you got her out of her crib but she sure was laughing when i found you two. 



You like to be the baby still. I wish you could be a baby forever. You ask me to hold you and you cuddle up in my lap. I am so proud to be your mom though and I love watching you grow. You are always asking questions, you really are so curious. You are learning to count and say your abc's. You are afraid of snakes and bugs. I am always amazed at how girly you can be. You love rocks and the moon. Tonight when we were walking in the house you saw the moon and said "hello moon, I love moon, hold hands?" You put your hand out and reached for it and then said good night. This melted my heart. How are you so caring that you want to hold hands with the moon? You are genuinely so sweet and sensitive. 




Today we met baby Quincy, Whitney and Braden's new baby girl and you had fun exploring the Bowerman home with Whitney's nephews. While we were there you went out side, sat on their porch swing and said swing too and patted next to you. Thank you so much for always including me in your experiences. I love being by your side when you have a smile on your face from something new. You showed off your baby sister today and would point out both babies every time you were near one. You called Emersyn Emma for the first time this week. I hope you always do. It is one of the sweetest words you have ever said. 





Before going into the house tonight i held your hand while you walked along the little brick wall. You wanted to balance on your own so badly. As i held your perfect little hand in mine i thought about how quickly you are trying to grow. If you must grow up just slow down. I want to remember every moment i spend with you, every hug you give me and every kiss i steal. You definitely drive me crazy sometimes but i want to be able to take in every new moment we spend together and i want you to always know how much i love you.

Love, 
You'r Mom

1 comment:

  1. This is serious the cutest post ever!!!

    ReplyDelete