Monday, June 23, 2014

Motivate Me Monday- Quit Robbing Yourself

Confession, I have a huge problem. I compare myself to almost everyone and everything. It is something that for what seems like most of my life i have struggled with. I honestly can remember comparing myself to kids in elementary school and getting so nervous because i couldn't run as fast as other kids or i thought there was no way i could hit the tether ball as hard as someone else. I don't know why i started this game, i wish i never had. I think that life would have been a lot easier this far if i wasn't always so worried about what other people had, or thought or what i didn't have or how i looked. This is something i have been trying to work on constantly and something that is really embarrassing to come out with, but i figure if i feel this way i can not be the only one. Since the day i decided i didn't need to keep up with the "Joneses" of the world I have found myself immensely more grateful for what i do have. It has given me perspective and helped me to be happy with where i am in life, what i can afford and what i can offer my family. It is frustrating to think of how long i went with feeling like i wasn't as good as another person or that my home wasn't as pretty as a bloggers that i follow or that my children didn't have as cute of clothes or nice of toys. I truly had been robbing myself of joy. I had been letting something that is unobtainable control me, and for what? Nothing good ever came from it or ever will. Over the weekend i found myself frustrated again with somethings and had to  step back and realize I am blessed, i am happy and i have enough. 

This week i challenge you to quit comparing. To be yourself. To find joy in all you have and know it is enough, and you are more than enough. 


2 comments:

  1. Preach it girl. Also, your house is bomb and your kids are always dressed perfect, so hush up about all that ;)

    ReplyDelete