Thursday, June 19, 2014

Who Has Time These Days?



I blog and I love it. I love writing down my thoughts and feelings, the adventures my family goes on, the sweet things that Leighton says or looks that Emersyn gives me. I also like writing all of the mundane things in between. This is where i record our story. It is my journal where one day my daughters can read all the ups and downs i went through and maybe they'll see as human. It is where i post pictures for distant relatives to look at and to keep up on how big the girls are and what they are doing now. I blog because i find peace in it, writing is calming and allows me to find perspective in the day to day. Blogging is time consuming and can be stressful but it is a priority so i find the time to write. Like anything in life it is easy to say "who has time these days?" We live in a world that glorifies busy and busy can be an understatement for a mom, working, self employed in school or staying home. How does anyone find the time? It is a priority so you make it. Personally it is easier for me to stay up at night and work during nap time. After i put my girls to bed and enjoy a little pillow talk with the hubby i head down stairs, turn the TV on really low and go over my list of things to get done online. It usually reads like this

- return emails
- make business cards
- write post - things to write about
-read blogs
- edit photos

Then i proceed with the list. Doing this keeps me organized and using my time wisely. If i didn't keep a list i would wander pinterest for hours, its like a black hole that sucks me in and next thing i know my girls are waking up for the day. So not only do i make time to write, but i make sure i write with that time. If blogging is a priority you will find the time to do it. 

I am linking up with Courtney and a bunch of other lovely ladies. You can read how they find the time to blog here.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging at night is my go-to as well! The house is quiet, I don't really have to worry about anyone waking up. And it's just a little me time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! I blog for all the same reasons. It's sometimes very hard to find the time, but it's so worth it! Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete