Wednesday, August 6, 2014

9 months!


My sweet sweet Emersyn turned 9 months old on the 1st of August. I couldn't believe it. How has this tiny little baby of mine grown so quickly. In three short months she will be 1! Okay I am going to pretend like i didn't just realize that. She is so little still. Really she is like having a real life baby doll at my disposal. She lets me dress her up, wears her bows, lets Leighton drag her around, push her, hold her and pat her on the head and she doesn't do anything but smile. I hope i don't jinx myself here but i can't say it enough, Emersyn is a dream baby. At 9 months old Emersyn is still wearing 3-6 month clothes. But don't let her size fool you, she has some chunky legs that we cant squish enough. She loves to smile, laugh at Leighton, clap her hands and stand. Yes, stand! She even took 3 steps today with out holding on to anything. (insert eye covering emoji here) I tried to pretend like it didn't happen, but it did. When Leighton was 9 months old we were encouraging early walking, i dont know why we wanted that girl to grow up so fast. I just want my babies to be babies forever now. Em is still a total baby when it comes to eating though. This silly little girl just wants to nurse and that is alright with me. If she is absolutely starving she will take a bottle even though she doesn't know how to drink it very well. She will ocasionally eat kale puffs, bread, or a veggie pouch but those moments are few and far between. Maybe with walking will come eating. We still haven't decided whether or not we should call her Emma. 9 months ago we thought thats what we would name her and here we are still calling her Emersyn. She just seems like such a unique spirit that she deserves a unique name to go with it. 



1 comment:

  1. Almost walking at 9 months? Eeeee! My 7 month old has almost perfected the army crawl. I'm not sure I'm ready for that though. I don't think big brother and big sister are either. They really love their Legos! ;-)

    ReplyDelete