Monday, August 4, 2014

Motivate Me Monday- Be Happy, Be Kind

Leighton is rarely this sweet to Emersyn. 
But today she made her bed, gave her a baba and read her a story. 
Melt my heart!

I have mentioned before that my insecurities tend to get the best of me. I have been working on them and with that here are some new things i have discovered. The more i try to be kind to others the happier i am. Sometimes being kind is scary, not that i want to be mean but its intimidating to go out of my way to say hi to people or smile at strangers or start small talk with the person behind me at the store. We live in a world of busy individuals who don't have time for anyone around them. I have noticed the more i walk around with a smile on my face, hold doors open for people, say hello and compliment people the more i shock them, but hopefully they are all pleasant surprises. If you don't follow Whippy Cake, you probably should. Her blog is full of all sorts of beautiful and this month she is hosting the most amazing online event in honor of her birthday. She is asking to spread kindness. Check it out and this week as i make a conscious effort to be a little kinder i hope you will too.



 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I feel so much better when I go out of my way to be nice to others. Sometimes I feel distracted by the little people in my life and forget about this. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete