Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Neighbor Gift

 Neighbor Gifting- The act of giving your neighbors or friends a small gift to let them know you are thinking about them during the Holidays.


I kid you not, I have been thinking about what to gift this year since about August. This is when my canning obsession began. Really, i was obsessed. I canned about 20 jars of this amazing, delicious, and crazy simply/ healthy freezer jam. I know freezer jam isn't really canning but i did can lots of syrup, peach curd, apple butter and apple sauce.


I love to get crafty or give homemade gifts but they usually turn out looking like a 5 year old created them or costing me more in time and money than seems worthwhile. This year i was genius though, hence the 5 months of planning.


Almost every neighbor gift, teacher gift, or friend gift will have started out from our garden. Our raspberry bush supplied us with a bowl a day until October and they were the best raspberries ever. Our  herbs grew great as well and we didn't have to start drying them till pretty late in the season too. 


So here is the easiest raspberry chia seed freezer jam recipe. 

2 cups raspberries
2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor. 
Put into air tight container and chill for 2 hours. 
It can keep for up to two weeks in the fridge or 1 year in the freezer.




This recipe can be tweaked with out much change to it. I never really measure anything. This drives my sister crazy. I typically just fill my little Ninja blender full of raspberries and as much of the other ingredients as i think look good. It's always turned out yummy.
I am obsessed with these quilted mason jars so everything i make goes straight into one of them. 


Now Add a bow and veala! Am i right?



1 comment: