Friday, February 8, 2013

Motherly Advice {Hormone Happy}

So sometimes I catch myself in middle of a freak out thinking "what in the world, why I am I screaming and crying because Kaden left his shoes in middle of the living room?" Is it that I have rage issues? Or OCD? Maybe both. But really I like to blame it on my messed up hormones.

Seriously women have it rough when it comes to these ridiculous things that mess with our emotions, skin, weight, cravings, sex drive, boob size, ability to sleep, ability to function... Well you get the point.

My loving husband has had to see so many different, hormone influenced, sides of me.

- birth controlled
- getting off birth control
- on clomid (absolute worse)
- pregnant
- recovering from a miscarriage
- pregnant
- recovering from pregnancy
- still recovering from pregnancy

Yay for all these things that have made me crazy! Right!?

How can I be a living, breathing, functioning person in a society that does NOT want to hear any of my hormone excuses? (Sorry Mr. At Cafe Rio I know I'm crying because you put tomatoes on my salad but I had a baby 10 months ago and I just started my period and I may kill you if you don't make me a new one now!) If only.

So here is how I have managed to control my hormones.

- Dairy free diet (organic dairy if I must have milk/ yogurt/ anything dairy because dairy is packed with hormones)
- Organic cage free eggs w/ omega 3 only (regular eggs are packed with hormones)
- More fish less meat (we seriously eat fish at least 3 times a week)
- More chicken than red meat (we eat organic chicken twice a week)
- Exercise. Run, walk, swim, dance, jog up and down your stairs. Do something!
- Take vitamins ( I take prenatal, iron, vitamin c, fish oil, biotin, and probiotics)
- Use essential oils ( I use Doterra balance daily and diffuse lemon grass)

It sounds like a lot but it really isn't, it also sounds expensive but don't let organic food fool you. Healthy does not always mean hard. And the side effects will have you jumping for joy. At least I hope so. When I stick to this plan I feel more energized, less stressed, less agitated and more loving. The mix of not adding hormones to my body already full of them and supplying my body with endorphins and other happy things like omega 3 and vitamin c helps to regulate the hormones that I tend to hate and make me, well, hormone happy.


2 comments:

  1. i'm glad you are finding relief. hormones are not fun! but essential too. i'd love to tell you it gets better, but oh baby, it does not. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want receipts for your dinners! I am in need of new ideas for healthy dinners.

    ReplyDelete