Monday, June 17, 2013

Surprise!

Lived, Learned, and Loved.

I think I've mentioned a few times now how crazy of a year this has turned out to be and how much crazier it will be getting. If you don't already know let me start to tell you. (Everything at once might just blow your mind.)

Due 10- 30-13


Back in January something happened that made me realize I wanted some "me" time before ever having another baby. Part of it may have been that winter is never an emotionally easy time for me but another part loved having the freedom to travel and play as much as Leighton and I do.

After coming home from my first Seattle trip I told Kaden "I refuse to have another baby before Leighton is 3 years old." I think he was in shock but knew I was serious and every form of birth control was started.

After coming home from my second Seattle trip Kaden walked in the house and I said with a mixture of laughing and crying "I am pregnant!"




If you follow the blog at all then you would know that my second trip to Seattle was in February. So we have kept baby number 2 a secret for quite some time now.

This pregnancy has been very similar to Leightons. During the first trimester I had morning sickness everyday along with a migraine and acne. This time it was nice though because I didn't have any classes to go to and I didn't have to leave the house for work. Poor Leighton went a little stir crazy but somehow we both survived.

The second trimester has been good to me. The sickness is all gone and I feel amazing. So far I've gained more than I would have liked but its probably better since I have not slowed down on running and working out at all. I thought I was active when I was pregnant with Leighton but I've kicked it up a notch this time. The baby has been busy kicking around since about 16 weeks and so far everything seems to be healthy and great.

 We Are Having A Girl!!!


Kaden really went through a thing of not wanting to find out the sex of the baby. As this is my second pregnancy and i have been so busy and excited with other things and loving my time with just Leighton i felt a little less connected with the baby than i felt like i should be, i thought finding out the sex of the baby would help this.

At our 20 week ultrasound the tech asked if we wanted to know the sex and Kaden said "might as well i already know its a girl." I laughed because honestly i thought it might be a boy but Kaden was right.


We are all three very excited to invite our new little one into our family. Leighton helped me pick out a blanket and stuffed animal just for our new little one. With all the changes coming our way it only seems to fit that we will be having a baby as well. Even though Kaden and I thought we wouldn't be having another child so soon we know the Lord had a different idea in mind for us. When i was in shock with finding out, Kaden calmly said "We are obviously meant to have this baby for a reason. It took us two years and a lot of help to have Leighton and this baby came while we were trying everything possible not to have a baby." I was so grateful for his reaction and for how excited he has been through out the entire pregnancy. Only 20 weeks to go and our little girl will be here and Leighton will be a big sister!






3 comments:

  1. We are so so happy for your family! Alex and I promise (and look forward to) helping you four any and every way we can. I am pumped to be able to see how you dress these two little ladies everyday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw yay! another little girl :) so exciting for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... Every form possible except for the one time... Ha ha ;) so excited for baby P!

    ReplyDelete